Pages

markwstevens.com

Friday, April 23, 2010

My old site is dead... well, mostly dead anyway.

I read an interesting article today:

Network Solutions Hack Highlights Hosting Risks from InformationWeek.com: http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2010/04/network_solutio.html

The most horrifying sentence to me was the following:

Hundreds of NSI-hosted WordPress blogs were hit with malicious iframes that would automatically infect visitors to the blogsites, and in some cases, spread fake antivirus software.

Not only was (is) my site hosted by NSI but I've been using WordPress software. Yes, my site was absolutely one of those affected. As soon as I can get access to it again, I'm pulling it down. I can't bear the thought of exposing innocent people to malware. I've removed the link to my old site here so as not to infect you guys and I've posted warnings over at my Facebook fan page and pulled those links as well.

This has me very depressed. I put a great deal of time and effort into that site, not to mention that I'm all paid up for hosting through Nov. 2011. Shit.

I'm trying to stay positive and see this whole mess as serendipity, but it's not easy. Maybe it's for the best but man oh man, I'm not happy about it. Eh...

I guess what it comes down to is: Welcome to my new home.

- Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment