Pages

markwstevens.com

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Who am I? Why am I here?

Well, my name's Mark and I've been running my own art site for a loooong time. At the moment, my site (http://www.markwstevens.com/) is running into problems, so I figured I'd start making the move to a different home. My old site is still online, but I can't upload photos to it anymore. I think it's a hosting problem and I think they're trying to fix it.

So, why move if it's being fixed? I'm an artist and I want people to see my paintings. In these days of social networking, having your own site tucked away in some little corner of the web is not a very good way to share your work. I figured moving everything over to The Google was a good start at getting a wider audience.

I've just uploaded my oil paintings to Picasa and triggered a wee slide show here at the blog. I plan on doing the same with the 300+ watercolor paintings I've painted and sold, but that will take some time and motivation.

Regardless, enjoy what I have up now, and stay tuned for future updates. I've come to think of my site's problems as potentially serendipitous... is that a word? Eh... take a peek if you like, or not if you don't!

- Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment